Wednesday 17 October 2012

Introduction

Ok - first time I've ever written my own blog so here it goes.

Wikipedia says - a menagerie is a form of keeping common and exotic animals in captivity that preceded the modern Zoological garden.

So my electronic menagerie is a collection of both common and exotic electronic projects that are in various stages of development.

I've recently started to get back into electronics in a small way, as well as my full time job in software, I am now spending some of my spare time developing some small electronic projects at home.  The main reason is  just because I enjoy it, and as an engineer I am always looking for ways to improve the world around me.  The other reason is that it is a good way to broaden my skill set and try to keep current with this new fangled Arduino and ARM stuff that  now brings us ridiculously cheap computing power compared to when I was at uni back in the early 90's.

I have two projects on the go right now, with some level of crossover between them.  I'll write about them in separate posts, and I'll try and post regular updates as they develop.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment